Blast From the Bayou
24th Annual Cajun Zydeco Festival 2020
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED BY EXECUTIVE ORDER BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE SATE OF CONNECTICUT
Call For Reservation (860) 886 1944
: Call 860-886-1944 for reservations.
Sites and Rental units go fast so book early. If you wish to attend the festival you can purchase tickets from us and stay in a local hotel. Here are some alternative accommodations for your consideration.
Local Hotel Info
While Strawberry Park offers over 50 on-site rental units, they do tend to fill quickly for the festival. Book Early to ensure the perfect spot for the weekend. You may want to take advantage of our free tent camping across from our entrance in the field, or perhaps you may consider local B&Bs (such as nearby Roseledge or Hideaway, or for hotels, the nearest would be the new Hilton Garden Inn (also in Preston, just prior to Foxwoods, opening in March of 2013) or the AmericInn in Griswold (5 miles in the opposite direction). Remember, for our guests traveling by air, we are about 45 minutes from TF Green in Providence RI and about an hour from Bradley (just north of Hartford).
Join Our Cajun Zydeco Festival Mailing List to get the latest information
CAMPING IN THE ROUGH (CIR is free with your paid weekend pass) Across The Street from our Entrance
**No pets–No ground fires–No Saving Spaces—No generators** (no picnic tables or hook-ups are provided with rough camping, but full use of all facilities, including free hot showers, is included) There is always room available for those camping in the rough. We are once again offering 40 spaces in our ball field, each of which is 750 sq ft. These spaces are Free for the weekend with a paid Full Weekend Pass. These Sites will fill quickly so Reserve Early. Camping in the Rough is free with a paid weekend pass this is located directly across from our entrance in the field.
Day Visitors wishing to stay and pick beyond departure times are invited to do so for an overnight fee of $10. Full remaining session fees must be paid, new wristbands shall be given, and vehicle must be moved into CIR area. Please take a moment to read our rules & regulations.
Make sure all members of your camping party are aware of them, especially
- Wristbands must be worn at all times and displayed to any staff member upon request, and are non-transferable
- No glass containers in public, including stage area
- No keg beer, drugs or open display of alcohol
- No dancing in stage area
- No audio/video recording equipment
- Relaxed Quiet Hours for SITE CAMPING will be observed from 12 AM until 8 AM. After hours picking by any large groups will be limited to non-amplified acoustics at camping in the rough. Excessively loud or unruly behavior will not be tolerated at any time.
- No walking (or carrying) of pets through the campground–No pets are permitted with any Rough Camping or with Day Visitors or rental trailers. Dogs are permitted with site camping and designated “Dog-Friendly” RV Rentals.
- All bikes and scooters must be kept off walkways and must be back on site by dark. Any bikes out after dark will be locked up for the safety of our riders. Helmets required for riders under 18.
- All children & teenagers must be back on their own site by 11 PM.
- All vehicles must be parked on site or in the visitor parking lot. There is no parking at the pools, office, restrooms, or along the side of the road. Park Speed Limit is 8MPH–SLOW DOWN!!