Blast From the Bayou
23 Annual Cajun Zydeco Festival 2019
Call For Reservation (860) 886 1944
We are finishing up our line up for 2019 and will be adding more bands soon.
Strawberry Park is pleased to announce an outstanding list of confirmed performers for our 23rd Annual Cajun Zydeco Festival for 2019. We welcome back Geno Delafose & French Rockin’ Boogie, to our stage, Geno is a true pioneer of creole music with strong influences from Cajun and also Country and Western. 2019 brings to our stage for the first time When Yvette Landry makes music, the smile on her face is as wide as her Cajun roots are deep. When she performs her own swamp/country tunes about life and love (lost and found), you won’t be able to resist the urge to dance. Oozing charisma and Louisiana proud, this musician and her music are salt of the earth., a must see a traditional Cajun band.
Bring your dancin boots because Wilson Savoy is bringing the Four-Time Grammy Nominated, Pine Leaf Boys to our stages to get you on the dance floor. Grammy Award Winner, Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys. Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys are a Cajun band from southern Louisiana. The band formed in 1988 and has since recorded 10 albums, nine of which are on Rounder Records. Jesse Lege, and the Bayou Brew will be Bringing foot Stompin Cajun Music to the world direct from our stages here at Strawberry Park. Jesse’s Driving Accordion playing coupled with his powerful singing will have you falling in love with Cajun Dance Music again and again. K Jones and the Benzie Playboys are back by popular demand, the Playboys are dedicated to keeping the Cajun/Creole music alive with live performances for two-steppin’, waltzing, and smoking red hot zydeco dancing. More Bands Will Be Added Soon!
We will have great Cajun Creole Cooking along with many great vendors to round out our 23rd annual Cajun Zydeco Festival, come dance with us and enjoy one of the best Cajun Zydeco festivals in the North East
: Call 860-886-1944 for reservations.
Sites and Rental units go fast so book early. If you wish to attend the festival you can purchase tickets from us and stay in a local hotel. Here are some alternative accommodations for your consideration.
Local Hotel Info
While Strawberry Park offers over 50 on-site rental units, they do tend to fill quickly for the festival. Book Early to ensure the perfect spot for the weekend. You may want to take advantage of our free tent camping across from our entrance in the field, or perhaps you may consider local B&Bs (such as nearby Roseledge or Hideaway, or for hotels, the nearest would be the new Hilton Garden Inn (also in Preston, just prior to Foxwoods, opening in March of 2013) or the AmericInn in Griswold (5 miles in the opposite direction). Remember, for our guests traveling by air, we are about 45 minutes from TF Green in Providence RI and about an hour from Bradley (just north of Hartford).
Join Our Cajun Zydeco Festival Mailing List to get the latest information
CAMPING IN THE ROUGH (CIR is free with your paid weekend pass) Across The Street from our Entrance
**No pets–No ground fires–No Saving Spaces—No generators** (no picnic tables or hook-ups are provided with rough camping, but full use of all facilities, including free hot showers, is included) There is always room available for those camping in the rough. We are once again offering 40 spaces in our ball field, each of which is 750 sq ft. These spaces are Free for the weekend with a paid Full Weekend Pass. These Sites will fill quickly so Reserve Early. Camping in the Rough is free with a paid weekend pass this is located directly across from our entrance in the field.
Day Visitors wishing to stay and pick beyond departure times are invited to do so for an overnight fee of $10. Full remaining session fees must be paid, new wristbands shall be given, and vehicle must be moved into CIR area. Please take a moment to read our rules & regulations.
Make sure all members of your camping party are aware of them, especially
- Wristbands must be worn at all times and displayed to any staff member upon request, and are non-transferable
- No glass containers in public, including stage area
- No keg beer, drugs or open display of alcohol
- No dancing in stage area
- No audio/video recording equipment
- No motorcycles beyond front gate
- Relaxed Quiet Hours for SITE CAMPING will be observed from 12 AM until 8 AM. After hours picking by any large groups will be limited to non-amplified acoustics at camping in the rough. Excessively loud or unruly behavior will not be tolerated at any time.
- No walking (or carrying) of pets through the campground–No pets are permitted with any Rough Camping or with Day Visitors or rental trailers. Dogs are permitted with site camping and designated “Dog-Friendly” RV Rentals.
- All bikes and scooters must be kept off walkways and must be back on site by dark. Any bikes out after dark will be locked up for the safety of our riders. Helmets required for riders under 18.
- All children & teenagers must be back on their own site by 11 PM.
- All vehicles must be parked on site or in the visitor parking lot. There is no parking at the pools, office, restrooms, or along the side of the road. Park Speed Limit is 8MPH–SLOW DOWN!!